Thanks to Noor Gharbo, I’ve been nominated for a “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” How cool is that? There are a few things the award requires.
- Display the award logo on my blog. Check!
- Link back to the person who nominated me. Check! Here’s the specific nominations link: Touch of Insanity’s Very Inspiring Blogger Award Nominations.
- Seven things about me you may not know–in no particular order:
- I love children’s art. If it weren’t for the pesky issue of time, I would cut and paste and doodle with my son all day just to have loads of his work to mount and post and place in our journals and scrapbooks.
- I can hardly draw a stick figure, but my son thinks I’m a good artist. I appreciate that.
- I enjoy cooking, but haven’t found (or created) my dream kitchen, the one I actually enjoy cooking in. While we’re on the subject of cooking, I am looking forward to my six-year-old developing more sophisticated tastes. How much longer will I have to endure rice and pasta?!
- I admire my parents probably more than anyone else in the world. I seek to emulate their courage, strength, faith and integrity in parenting and in life in general.
- I really can live without chocolate, but I don’t want to. I lived without it (and did not miss it) for about 8-10 years (from pre-teen years to maybe early twenties) and then later all throughout my pregnancy and the first 10 or so months of my son’s life. I just like it and it helps me get through the emotional rough spots. Do I sound like an addict?
- I write and decorate postcards when I’m feeling the crafty urge, but don’t really have time to create. When I have “even less” time, I just pick up my camera and snap whatever is around me.
- I really like people and, in spite of the few not-so-good people I’ve encountered directly or indirectly, I believe people are generally good and want to “do good.” I typically give people the benefit of the doubt–unless the issues of domestic violence, molestation and/or rape come up. Then, I assume guilt first and ask questions later.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. My choices are varied. I’m sure you expect mail, art, and photography. Other blogs I’m nominating (and I’m inspired by) comment on academia (teaching, writing, research), feature creative writing and artistry, shed light on (seriously and humorously) parenting and womanhood and inspire self and spiritual awareness and growth. And the nominees are…(drum roll, please):
- Wacky Womanhood
- Writing for Daisies
- Studio Mothers: Creative Practice and Life Design
- Unbound Boxes, Limping Gods
- Small Matters: Taking Time to Notice
- Cakers & Co.
- Brent’s iPhone 4s and Japan
- Stillness of Heart
- Jo’s Little Pictures
- Scott Fillmer: Life in Faith and Photos
- Glenrosa Journeys
- Edith Levy Photography
- Leanne Cole Photography
- Now, I must inform the bloggers of the nomination. I will do that as soon as soon as I click “publish.”
Please take some time to peruse the blogs listed. Maybe, you’ll find them very inspiring too!
Here’s a quick review of the rules (just in case you missed something).
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post 7 things about yourself not listed on your About Me page
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
8 thoughts on “I’ve Been Nominated–Very Inspiring Blogger Award!”
Thank you so much Chandra. I’m truly honoured.
You’re welcome! I thoroughly enjoy your blog, so it was more than a pleasure to nominate you. Happy 2013!
Thank you, Chandra.
You’re welcome! Happy New Year!
Congratulations on our award Chandra, what a lovely honour for you and thank you so much for nominating me as well.
Chandra — I am new to blogging and learning about what makes a good blog story and how to connect with others. The bloggers award is a nice way to be recognized and appreciated for the effort in creating a fun blog to visit. I’m glad to meet you and read about the 7 things that make you special, especially to your son. Here’s to more time in 2013 to to play!