We completed the first round of Love Notes 2017 a couple of weeks ago. Again, I had a beautifully artistic soul with whom to exchange cards and messages. My partner, Carolyn D. of Garden City, Idaho sent handcrafted cards with elegantly handwritten messages. It was always such a treat to find one of her notes in my mailbox.
For week 1’s prompt “I can trust the universe because…,” Carolyn sent:
I can trust the universe because of its maker, who shows Himself in the laughter of the children, the beauty of nature, and the kindness of strangers.
Week 2’s prompt, “I invite you to tend to your soul…” provided me with a gorgeous card and much needed advice. I should have heeded this advice before I was forced to spend four days in bed.
I invite you to tend to your soul in a tub of hot water with your favorite bubble bath… Then, donning warm socks and a pair of sweats and reading your favorite book while curled up in your favorite chair.
I’ll be tending my soul and body in this way tomorrow with a hot cup of tea added to the prescription. My soul and body need this.
And for “Love is…,” the dreaded week 3 prompt (dreaded because that means the round has come to an end), Carolyn appropriately sent hearts and love.
- taking time to help someone when you’re in a hurry
- being kind when someone’s opinion differs from yours
- God giving you strength when you are overwhelmed by the events in the world and in your country
I’m intrigued by how Carolyn can take torn paper and cut outs and make such visually appealing cards.
We were similar in our approaches to the prompts and I thoroughly enjoyed our exchange. She ended the swap with a nice lengthy note telling me a bit about herself. I’m happy to add her to my growing list of postcard pals.
As usual, I received extra cards from other Love Notes participants turned pen friends. I shared Martha’s cards here and here. If you haven’t seen it already, you’ll fall in love with the adorable raccoon watercolor.
- Jacki sent a multi-paneled postcard, “Driftwood Art” by Martin Wiscombe. This one was sent from the future, as it was dated February 18, 2017. I love it! I’ll make a point of revisiting it on 02-18-17.
- Lorelei sent a “Did You Know?” postcard about Five Missions of San Antonio, Texas.
- Sheila, a new Love Notes friend shared a woodblock print by Holly Meade, a Maine artist. Check out Reach Road Gallery for more.
- Marrianna, another new friend and very talented photographer shared her gorgeous flower, edited in iColorama, one of my favorite editing apps. You can see more of her work on her blog, Snapshots in Time.
- Christine, who is a prolific postcard sender, sent her cheerful watercolor tulips.
[Click an image for a closer look]
The next round begins in April. Plan to join in! For more information and to sign up, click here.