I am one day away from spring break, but I’m hanging on by the thinnest thread. Before the madness of catch-up begins in a few moments, I’m taking a break to look at the pretty postcards I received for Love Notes 22.2 (Round 22, Prompt 2).
Prompt 2 was as stimulating as prompt 1: Three things I want you to know. I received inspiring and encouraging lists from each sender.
Debbie L, my assigned partner, sent another pattern postcard:
Debbie wants me to know:
- Laughter can fill our heart with smiles. Sharing it will give smiles to those around you.
- Openness will lead to unexpected journeys.
- Optimism will help drive you to the next step even when you think you can’t.
An ibis graced my mailbox carrying the three things Christine B wants me know:
- I love your art and words.
- I admire your dedication to family, friends, students, and your work.
- Love is there for the taking.
Signed with peace and a green star. 😉
From Lori W, a wintry Wisconsin scene:
She wants me to know:
- Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
- Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true direction.
Eileen V sent a brilliant waterfall postcard brimming with wisdom and encouragement:
- Believe good things will happen and they will!
- Kindness matters.
- Feel life!
Life is full of happiness; be strong and have faith. –Kareena Kapoor Khan
Litsa L sent a postcard from my favorite woman-centered collection, Women in Science:
As you can see, it took quite a beating as it traveled, but the counsel on written on the back was left unblemished:
- You know you best, so trust your own wisdom.
- Within fear lies great courage. We need to be gentle with both.
- Even when you are at your busiest, take a moment to hug your loved ones.
Kindness, laughter, and love seem to be the common threads. Since I can’t carry a thousand postcards around with me, I reprinted the lists and placed them as one list in my planner. Whenever I need a little love, kindness, or encouragement, I can just open my planner.