Thanks to the generosity of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid, I am back with another Bible review. This time–the King James Version (KJV) Thompson Chain-Reference Bible, published by Zondervan 2022). The Bible is packed with delicious features for those who love intense, cerebral Bible study sessions. Though the Bible can be studied straight through from Genesis to Revelation, the chain-reference Bible demands more from us.
The 2000(+)-page Bible features more than 8000 topical listings in its alphabetical index and more than 100,000 marginal references. More than 4000 topics are systematically organized in chains “enabling the student to follow the prominent texts of a topic from the beginning of the Bible to the end. Many of these topics are subdivided, allowing for even more detailed analysis.”
This is the definitive study Bible, allowing Bible students and scholars to delve deeply into scripture through topical, thematic, chapter, and book studies as well as thorough examination of particular passages, biblical characters, and verses.
The Bible features:
- Complete text of the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible
- Easy-to-understand chain-reference system with over 100,000 references
- Alphabetical and numerical indexes [that] highlight study materials for over 8,000 topics, each with its own topic number, for exhaustive topical study
- An outline of the Bible
- Bible study methods
- An extensive study resource section [that] includes:
- Bible character studies
- illustrated studies of the Bible
- a KJV concordance
- Bible harmonies
- A section on Hebrew times, Seasons, and Festivals
- Two-color page design
- Introductions for each of the 66 books of the Bible
- 16-page full-color map section with map index
- Words of Jesus in red
The Bible is printed in the KJV comfort print typeface. Since there is little marginal space, the two-color design goes a long way to break of the text-heavy pages and give tired eyes like mine some relief.
I have only had a few days to explore the KJV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible, but I am pleased with what I have seen thus far. I am not going to pull this Bible out when I want to journal scripture or make copious notations in the margins. This one is for deep, long studies of scripture with my beautiful 300-page Bible study journal.
I can’t wait to dig in at my leisure!
If you want more information on how the KJV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible works, check out this short video on YouTube: